Monday, December 4, 2023

Warm Already

 

I am not a great fan of hot weather and as its now officially summer I will have to accept that the days will be getting warmer. Today is expected to be in the mid 30's.
The Rainbow Lorikeet's are already beginning to eat the green pears so I have begun to bag them.
 I bought these bags from The Diggers Club a few years ago. 

The apples are setting fruit. Normally I net the entire tree but it is not a great success as there are 3 different apples grafted onto the one tree and they all ripen at different times. This year I will try to bag some of the fruit.
I have planted my old vegetable garden in potatoes. Nicola, Dutch Creams and Desiree.
I am not certain how successful the planting will be as they are growing at an astounding rate, the stems are over 2 foot high and I am wondering if there are potatoes under the soil as so much energy has gone into foliage growth,

Two of the garden beds are almost finished planting. I transplanted some basil seedlings last night.
One of the other beds has berry suckers so they will need to be dealt with. But I am slowly getting somewhere with it. It has been a big job to put the garden back into place after having it dug up last year.
 
If the potato harvest is a success I will need to find some new ideas of how to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment