Sunday, December 3, 2023

A Long Time Between Drinks

Well I won't count how many years it’s been since I posted here last but it has been ' a long time between drinks'

The garden has grown along with its many challenges. My last summer’s growing season saw most of my vegetable garden dug in to heaps of dirt and trenches trying to kill a severe root invasion by my Hicks Fancy mulberry tree that had searched out the most watered part of the garden.

During that time I rented a garden bed at the community garden that has relocated just over the road from me.

I have been doing a huge amount of water bath preserving and learning the new to me skill of pressure canning. As with most things, I share my culinary adventures with my son Coen and as usual I am not great at writing recipes or instructions.

To rectify this I am planning to write a book in the future for Coen and I feel that it's time to begin to write it all down here. 

So stay tuned and let’s see if I can stay committed to resurrecting this blog after so many years of absence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment