Thursday, December 18, 2014

And Santa Came Early!



Here we are with only one week until Christmas. Life here is busy....flat out would be a better word for it. I am making new work for an exhibition in January so there is NO time to work in the garden.
I have a gas BBQ but I am trying to cut down on the amount of garden rubbish that I send to landfill. Sadly our Council does not have green waste collection. As I have so many fruit trees that need to be pruned each year,I decided to buy a charcoal BBQ. So here is our family Christmas present a Weber Kettle BBQ.

I is so shiny and new that the reflection of the pergola looks rather strange. I have saved all my grape vine and apple tree  prunings and I believe that you can use the BBQ as a smoker so there will be some experimenting happening over the summer, once the exhibition is hung in late January. This year the grapes have almost completely covered the pergola and the shade is wonderful. The pergola is in the centre of the vegetable garden and as it faces north it is in full sun. Now with the shade from the vines I can have my breakfast and lunch out there. Just a lovely way to start the day. I found a packet of Snake Bean seeds that were out of date so I planted them and have a few coming up. Not much else happening but I wonder if it will be me or the Black Birds who get the grapes first?

These are Red Seedless Sultana Grapes. Best get to the loom!

No comments:

Post a Comment