Thursday, November 27, 2014

Moving On

Here we are less than one month before Christmas and life is so busy. I have had no opportunity to get on with planting the garden up until today. I know that it is leaving it a bit late but what can you do? The berries are more than prolific at the moment and when I get totally sick of eating them in the garden for breakfast. I may freeze them and make some jam, This year I decided that I would plant a 'Three Sisters Garden' Sweet Corn, Beans and Squash planted together. I planted the corn seedlings with Purple King climbing beans and the squash is still in the pots, as they seem to get eaten by earwigs if I plant them out when they are small. I also planted 8 Roma Tomato plants, some Basil and Beetroot seedlings. A row of climbing String less Blue Lake Beans, 3 Lebanese cucumber seedlings and that's one bed full for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment