Monday, April 29, 2013

Persimmon Tree

persimmon
My little Persimmon tree took a beating over the summer, with the wind and heat. I have a dozen fruits on the tree, as this is the first time that it has fruited. I am quite excited to be able to eat them soon. It is still dry and there has been no rain at all. I don't want to leave it much longer to start planting up the garden as there are many other jobs to do this time of year. I planted up one bed today. Cauliflowers, Savoy Cabbages, Snow Peas, Spring Onions, Chives, Cos Lettuce and some Strawberry runners in a few places where some had died. New Thyme's, both common and Turkey Thyme. I may plant some Radish amongst the Cabbages as they should produce before they grow too big. Well that's one bed done, three more to go!    

No comments:

Post a Comment