Friday, January 25, 2013

What a Summer so Far!

SDC15908
I usually enjoy summer, a time of year to spend outside, Evenings especially are my favorite, taking in what is happening in the garden at what is usually the most productive season. But this year has been a battle! Days over 40 C strong hot winds for days on end have scorched both me, the garden and not surprisingly my enthusiasm. Everyone in this area is suffering the same problems. The berries, corn and lettuce are now finished and to be honest with the heat I don't feel like planting anything much as we have a lot more hot weather ahead. I still have spring onions so today I made some dumplings. Simple to make, Pork mince, shredded Wong Bok cabbage, grated ginger, grated carrot and finely sliced spring onions. Sometimes I steam them or maybe drop them in some soup. Dressed with a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil and fresh sliced chili with a small amount of water to make it not quite as salty, Delicious every time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment