Monday, December 31, 2012

Years End

Welsh Onions
Yet another year is almost over and I am looking forward to the new year ahead. Life has been busy, as it always is at this time of the year. The garden has been producing, I have made jam from the last of the strawberries, apricots are picked ready to bottle sometime in the next couple of days. I am picking zucchinis, sweetcorn, the odd tomato, lettuce , onions, potatoes, herbs and the last of the artichokes. So there is still a meal out there to be harvested and cooked. The days have been quite mild since Christmas and I should be making better use of them and spending more time outside. The Welsh Onions have grown their little 'sets' on the top of the plants. Now I need to find somewhere to plant them out. I am looking forward to a productive year of growing, harvesting and of course EATING!     

No comments:

Post a Comment