Sunday, September 2, 2012

Spring Finally

Satsuma Plum
Finally it is officially spring. It has been such a long and bitterly cold winter that it now feels like there are sunny and warm days to come. Bring it ON! The fruit trees have burst into bud, the satsuma plum is covered in flowers and humming with bees. It is too early to be thinking of planting much as we can get frosts up until as late as November here. The nurseries are already selling trays of beans and tomato seedlings. Way too early in my mind unless you have a green house to keep them warm in. This is a good time for me to try and weed the garden beds and get the garden ready for a big summer planting at the end of the month. Must confess that I don't really have a lot of space but I will plant out as much as I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment