Friday, July 24, 2015

Abundance 'Lemons'

It has been absolutely freezing cold here the past two weeks. Not an incentive to go out in the garden, apart from a quick look of a morning to see what the frost damage is. A couple of mornings ago the Artichokes were frozen solid. A great photo opportunity, but somehow I could not bring myself to go and grab the camera. We have had the two coldest weeks of the year and enthusiasm is at a very low ebb I am afraid. But it is the time of the year when some citrus trees are at their peak and at the moment I have an abundance of lemons. Although it is cold, raining and windy most days. Gardens and weeds don't wait for the gardener to get their act together and do some work. After a quick runaround there seems to be a lot of work to do. Yet once again in the depth of winter the first asparagus shoots are breaking through the coldest of soils. I have been busy in the kitchen this week but as yet I have not taken any photos of the produce. I will share soon. In the meantime I hope everyone is somewhere keeping warm!       

No comments:

Post a Comment