Saturday, October 25, 2014

Setting Seed

There is nothing that is comparable, as satisfactory, or as thrilling as gathering the vegetables one has grown.
ALICE B. TOKALAS.

I have to agree with Alice here, After weeks of deliberating I have decided to plant up the vegetable garden. Why the deliberating? We have had no spring rains, it is dry and days already have been over 30c. I have been watering since September and already it is difficult to keep up with. It is only midway through spring and if people do not agree with climate change....I suggest they come and live here. Predictions were that the Grampians Area where I live will become hotter and dryer while the East Coast will become wetter. And yes you can see that it is happening. Planting the garden means a commitment to stay home over the holidays. So my holiday will be spent relaxing in my own garden. Mind you that is after I work towards an exhibition in January and do some much needed jobs around the house. These are flowers on my Spanish Black Radish.
So now that I have made the commitment I best get out there and turn some soil!

No comments:

Post a Comment