Thursday, June 12, 2014

Unseasonal Weather


Here we are 12 days into winter but it seems that no one has mentioned that to the garden. Apple trees are still in full leaf, the mulberry has began to form fruit, weeds are growing like crazy. And shock of horrors, the first asparagus spears are breaking through the ground. For those who say that climate change is not real.....I beg to differ! After an autumn of record breaking high temperatures it seems that the cold has now set in. Life is busy with other things and I am not getting much time out in the garden. I planted this tangelo almost two years ago and here it is with over 20 fruits on it. I am so looking forward to eating the first one. Cool weather makes me want to stay inside and cook or bake. Not good for the waistline, but good for the soul. Dinner tonight is this.     

No comments:

Post a Comment