Monday, May 5, 2014

Autumn in all its Glory

VLUU L100, M100  / Samsung L100, M100
The days are becoming noticeably shorter, as they say in A Game of Thrones……Winter is Coming!
Last week there were a few days of wonderful soaking rain. It has been a very dry Autumn so far, up until now the garden has needed watering. The Red flowering broad beans are only a few inches high and setting flowers already. Above all other plants in the vegetable garden, they became the most stressed with the lack of water. Life has been very busy and I have not been out in the garden much, Certainly not as much as I would like to be. But life is slowing down. This week I will take down my exhibition and with not taking on any new commitments, life should slow down. Some much needed time at home to look forward to.
I did manage to plant out my asparagus that I grew from seed and a few more red flowering broad beans. There should be time over the next week to get back into the garden!   

No comments:

Post a Comment