Saturday, November 30, 2013

Inspiring!

Artichokes
I have just returned home from visiting a few of the kitchen gardens that were open in my town today. As always seeing what other people do can inspire one to get out in the garden and plant out a few things. I had been asked to open my own garden today, but I declined as I felt that I did not have enough of my spring planting done yet. It has been a slow start, but now I feel a bit more enthusiastic!
There is produce out there to eat, just not much of it at the moment. The artichokes are almost finished, broad beans still coming on and we have lots of berries. Strawberries, Loganberries, Youngberries and Raspberries. So far the birds have not noticed them! A trip to the nursery found some very sad tomato plants, so they now have a new home. I planted some seeds of 'Fat Bastard' and 'Purple' asparagus. so far I have about 18 new plants. So that will significantly increase my asparagus bed next year.  
As tomorrow is officially the first day of Summer, I suppose I am looking at what I should be planting?

No comments:

Post a Comment